Last updated: October 13, 2009
- University of Electro-Communications, Graduate School of Electronic Engineering,
- UEC-BUPT Jasso-scholarship, one-year-long exchange student in the Master Course.
- Biography, September 18, 2009
- I was born in a small town in north Jiangsu Province, P. R. china. Then I went to Nanjing with my parents and spent my childhood and teenage life there.At the age of 19, I went to Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications to take on the study majoring in Science and Technology in Optical Communications
- By the year 2007, I thought I have found the goal of my life: doing research will not only make me happy but also bring me the fortune to survive. Then I joined the competition of being eligible to be a Master student.
Fortunately, I made a good job. In the Autumn of 2008, I became a member of Prof. Linfs lab and directly supervised by Prof. Wu.
- The reasons I chose to come to UEC and take on study in Prof. Uenofs lab
- I have worked on the research field of All-optical information processing for nearly 2 years and really have enthusiasm in this field.
Prof. Ueno has a long time work experience and many outstanding yields on this subject. His lab is the best place where I can take on this research and I am very sure I can benefit a lot under his supervision.
- Obviously, there are other reasons why Ifd like to go to UEC: Tokyo where UEC located in is one of the best constructed and advanced city in the world; the traditional culture of Japan is brilliant and has an inseparable relationship with the culture of China; the outer world is totally new to me and I can broaden my eyesight and enrich my experience in a foreign country.
- Research interests and research direction in Prof. Uenofs lab
- 1 research on the ultra fast all-optical signal processing
- Nowadays, more and more people are becoming interested in HD videos and high quality communications, the newly carried out uses of internet rapidly consumes the limited bandwidth of the optical network.
Speeding up the capability of optical network is an urgent mission. The bottleneck of an optical network is not the optical part but the electronic part.
So carrying out a totally optical signal processer is the kernel of upgrading the network.
- 2 research on the ultra fast optical logic gate
- When we take switching into account, the ultra fast optical logic gate is most important above all if we want to speed up the capability of the backbone network.
And even much more important than that, next generation computing is on the dawn while the Moorefs Law of the electronic computer is approaching to its destination.
- My interests and hobbies
- Traveling is the best choice if I am free. Leaving a familiar place and having a long time thinking without being disturbed is a very nice way to enjoy life.
I am interested in ancient ceramics (for example, the blue and white) and the game named Go.
- Reading is also very important to me, I like reading novels.
- Computer games and some online games are also consuming a part of my free time.
- I play Basketball very well, and also good at swimming. In BUPT, I am a member of a hiking party.
- Contact Information
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- [remove 'nospam-' from the above email addresses before emailing to those addresses.]
back to Laboratory Members